Home > Products > Sophora > Rutin >
Synonym: Rutoside, Vitamin P, Violaquereitrin
M.F. & M.W.: C27H30O16; 610.51
Physical Property: yellowish- needle - crystal (in water); M.P.: 176-8°C,23D:+13.82°C (ethanol), 20D-39.43 °C (pyridine); solubility: 1g in 7ml of methanol, 8000ml of water, 200ml of boiling water; UVλ CH3OHmax nm: 258.361; IRνKBr max cm-1: 3400(OH), 1670(C=O), 1620, 1520, 1470(C6H5-).
Plant source: Ruta graveolens L., plant essential oil ; Sophora japonica L., main part of fruit [3,4]; Hypericum aseyron L., full plant; Berchemia polyphylla Wall, var leioclada Hand. -Mazz. ; Mallotus japonicus Muell.-Arg, leafs ; Fagopyrum esculentum Moench seedling.
1. Anti-inflammatory action: apparent suppression of inflammation due to planted wool when the product is injected into abdominal cavity of rat . Sodium rutin sulfate has very strong anti-inflammatory action to edema of rat .
2. Actions like Vitamin P: maintain the strength of blood vessel, reduce its permeability and brittleness; degreasing action to liver fatty infiltration, especially together with glutathione.
3. Antiviral action: best suppression to phlyctenular stomatitis virus at product concentration of 200g/ml [10, 11].
4. Inhibition of aldehyde reductase: 95% inhibition at a concentration of 10-5M , which facilitates the treatment of diabetic cataract.
5. Toxicity: mice, intravenous injection, LD50 at 950mg/kg.
6. Clinical use: for the prevention of intracerebral hemorrhage, hypertension, retinal hemorrhage, purpura and acute hemorrhagic nephrosonephritis; for treatment of chronic tracheitis with effective rate at 84.8% and 98%. Its derivative, troxerutin, or Venoruton, is applied clinically for burn, arthritis, and all kinds of blood vessel diseases. Commodity drug is available in abroad , while the drug has been successfully developed in domestic. With Effective rate for the treatment of cerebrovascular diseases is 87.8%; 88% for retinal edema and hemorrhage .